Your questions around online flirting and sex answered!
Love Matters answers your 5 most burning questions around online flirting and sex.
- My boyfriend wants me to masturbate in front of the webcam. I don’t want to, but what if he breaks up with me?
Answer: Don’t do it if you don’t feel happy about it. You decide what you do in front of the webcam. It’s never good if you’re forced to do something in a relationship. Talk about it to your boyfriend and explain why you don’t want to do it. If it still matters so much to him, then he might not respect you.
2. When we chat online, my girlfriend promises things she won’t go through with in reality. It makes me angry. What should I do?
Answer: Many people feel much freer when they chat on the internet. They say things they wouldn’t say face to face. Tell your girlfriend you feel disappointed if she doesn’t keep the promises she makes online. Give her time to find out what she is really prepared to do. There’s no point getting angry – it will only scare her off.
3. I’ve been flirting with a man online, but now he won’t stop talking to me. I don’t want to hurt his feelings, but I’ve had enough. What should I do?
Answer: Tell him the bad news. No one likes to be rejected, but the good news is that everyone gets over it. Say it in a friendly way. If he takes it well, you might become friends. If he keeps on hassling you, block him.
4. I took my clothes off for my boyfriend on the webcam, but now I regret it. What should I do?
Answer: Tell him you won’t do it again. Say you didn’t like it, and you’d rather do something else. If he cares about you, he’ll respect your wishes, even if he thinks it’s a shame. If he breaks up with you, he obviously isn’t really interested in you as a person.
5. There’s a photo of me naked on the internet. I’m so embarrassed I don’t dare to tell anyone about it. What can I do?
Answer: Try and have the photo removed. Send a request to the makers of the website. If you’re under 18, the picture is child pornography and it’s illegal for it to be on the internet.
Depending on where you live, if you feel secure about it, you could report it to the police. Again depending on the country you live in, they might help you have it removed, even if you don’t want to press charges.
Do you have any other questions on online sex and flirting? Post them in the comments section and we will respond.