The penis: 13 odd facts
At Love Matters, you can find all the important things you need to know about penises. We also tell you about some of the odd things, too!
1. The smartphone app ‘Condom Size’ shows you how to properly measure a penis using a measuring tape and a piece of string – and then recommends a condom for the best fit. But will it stop men from exaggerating?
2. Men worldwide inject their penises with oil or Vaseline to increase their size. In one study in a Hungarian prison, half of the injectors were satisfied with the results, while a quarter experienced complications, including necrosis (tissue death).
3. ‘Genital Retraction Syndrome‘, aka koro, is a psychiatric condition where the victims believe their penis is shrinking. And once it disappears, they will die. To save themselves, they use tape, rope, clamps, spikes, and/or weights to make sure their penis stays outside of their body – and it’s these actions that cause the actual harm.
The most famous mass outbreak of koro took place in 1967 and was the subject of the book The Great Singapore Penis Panic.
4. The penis is a memory stick: a single sperm carries 37.5 MB of DNA information in it, with an average three-second ejaculation representing a data transfer of 1,587 GB.
5. Napoleon’s preserved penis lives in New Jersey. And rumours are correct: it’s ‘very small‘.
6. A Russian museum claims to have Rasputin’s acclaimed 30-cm penis – though some say the displayed item is, in fact, a sea cucumber.
7. Contestants of the annual ‘Smallest Penis in Brooklyn Contest’ are a confident lot. One winner said he hoped to use his US$ 200 prize as date money for one of the women he met that night.
8. The Egyptian pharaoh King Tut was buried with an erect penis. The body part went missing soon after the discovery of the tomb with some believing it was stolen.
9. Japan is home to the annual ‘Festival of the Steel Phallus’ that features a parade of penises of all shapes, sizes, colours, and textures. The tradition began in the 16th century for sex workers to pray for good business and protection from STDs. Today, it raises money for HIV research.
10. The Icelandic Phallogical Museum is dedicated to the history of the penis. However, it lacks an actual human specimen. But volunteers are lining up. One man is even willing to donate his penis while he is still alive…
11. Germany has more penis enlargement surgeries than the rest of the world combined.
12. When the Indian sex advice columnist Dr Mahinder Watsa (90) was asked by a young man whether his penis will shrink from excessive masturbation, Watsa answered:
You talk a lot, does your tongue shrink?
13. One in 5 million men has two penises – a condition called diphallia.
Generally wat z masturbation
Generally wat z masturbation
When you masturbate, you
When you masturbate, you touch and caress yourself to give yourself sexual pleasure. Often you do this until you’re fully aroused and have an orgasm.
Women usually do it by rubbing their clitoris and vagina with their fingers. And men do it by rubbing their penis up and down. But you can try anything that turns you on, like touching your nipples or your anus.
Read more on masturbation here https://lovematters.co.ke/news/masturbation-myths-busted .
Can masturbation increase…
Can masturbation increase penis size?
Hello Johnt, thank you for…
Hello Johnt, thank you for getting in touch and asking a great question. According to science, there is no evidence to suggest that masturbation can cause an increase in penis size. In fact, we urge you to take a look at the following article to find out more: https://lovemattersafrica.com/our-bodies/male-body/penis-size-myths-busted
Please let us know if the information helps and have a wonderful week ahead! Stay safe!
Can I make live to my
Can I make live to my pregnant wife
Do you mean make love? If so,
Do you mean make love? If so, yes you can.
Read more here https://lovematters.co.ke/news/sex-when-youre-pregnant .
I read somewhere that…
I read somewhere that murstabation is good for healthy pls confirm this for mi
Hi Mike, Masturbation is a…
Hi Mike, Masturbation is a great and safe way to explore once sexually and yes it has no medical effect. Check out this article;- https://lovematters.co.ke/making-love/ways-to-make-love/masturbation-can-save-lives
I have a big problem…
I have a big problem whenever I try make love to my wife I fail and 3 months I was ok and we’ll performing this has brought too much of stress in me
Hi Harrison, this can indeed…
Hi Harrison, this can indeed be stressful. You however didn’t describe the nature of the problem or what exactly is happening that you are unable to make love to your wife. Have a look at this article that has information on the various sexual problems and some possible solutions;- https://lovemattersafrica.com/making-love/sex-problems-how-to-overcome-them/difficulties-with-sex-men
Are there different sizes of…
Are there different sizes of condoms
Hey Kim, Yes. When you buy…
Hey Kim, Yes. When you buy condoms, it’s important to find ones that fit you. Most condoms are made to fit average erect penis sizes (4.7-5.9 inches / 12-17centimetres).
Apart from penis surgery for…
Apart from penis surgery for enlargement…. Is there any means of enlarging it without surgery??
Hello Martin, thank you for…
Hello Martin, thank you for your question. Unfortunately, the fact is penile size cannot be increased without surgery. While there are a lot of people out there trying to sell you all kinds of products – pills, pumps, patches, creams, gels, sprays and stretchers – most of it is hocus pocus. And experts say that is because the penis is made of spongy tissue which cannot be lengthened or stretched. Even surgeries offer only a small increase in size.
What can be the cause of…
What can be the cause of having wound on the penis after sex?
Hello, thank you for your…
Hello, thank you for your question. Are you absolutely sure you did not have the wound before engaging in sex? Is the wound painful?
I have this problem with one…
I have this problem with one of my testicle the right side one, sometimes it becomes to heavy and have some pain making my erection to drop. It has real affected my sex life and it’s destroying my marriage. Please help
Hello Ben, thank you for…
Hello Ben, thank you for your message. We are so sorry for the situation you are in. Testicular swelling could be an indication of a whole number of issues. Kindly see a healthcare professional as soon as you can for a comprehensive diagnosis.
How do i make my penis long…
How do i make my penis long and strong plz
Hello Abdi, thank you for…
Hello Abdi, thank you for your question. Unfortunately, the fact is penile size cannot be increased without surgery. While there are a lot of people out there trying to sell you all kinds of products – pills, pumps, patches, creams, gels, sprays and stretchers – most of it is hocus pocus. And experts say that is because the penis is made of spongy tissue which cannot be lengthened or stretched. Even surgeries offer only a small increase in size.
does sex performance has…
does sex performance has anything to do to do with penis size..what’s the medium length of penis which can guarantee a good coitus
Hello Nicho, there has been…
Hello Nicho, there has been no proof that penis size affects performance. According to a study by the British Institute of Urology, the average size of an erect penis is about 5.5-6.2 inches (14-15.75cm), and the average girth is about 4.7-5.1 inches (12-13cm). At Love Matters we’re a bit more cautious – we just say an erect penis is usually somewhere between 2.7 and 6.7 inches (7-17cm). When it comes to condom sizes, ‘average’ counts as 4.7-5.9 inches (12-17cm).