8 benefits of masturbation
Survey shows that 95% of men and around 72% of women have masturbated in their life. That’s a lot of self-pleasure!
Touching yourself for pleasure isn’t just for single people, people in relationships masturbate too!
So, what is masturbation?
During puberty, your body starts to produce more sex hormones. One of the results of this is increased interest and curiosity about sex and sexuality.
Sometimes young people will experience sexual pleasure and relieve stress and sexual tension by touching their genitals. This is called masturbation. It’s very common for boys and girls.
It’s normal if you do it, and normal if you don’t. If you do, remember to always do it in private.
There are many myths about masturbation. Despite what you may have heard, masturbation won’t:
- Hurt your body physically
- Make you run out of sperm
- Impact your ability to get or keep an erection
- Make your penis break off
- Make hair grow hair on your palms
- Make you go crazy
- Leave you blind
What are the benefits of masturbation?
Here are some benefits of masturbation
- Masturbation can lower your stress and help you relax.
- Masturbation can help you get good or better sleep which is important for your mental health.
- You cannot get sexually transmitted infections from masturbating.
- You cannot get pregnant from masturbating
- Masturbation can help ease period cramps
- Masturbation helps you better understand your body
- Masturbation can also help with boosting your moods
- Masturbation gives you pleasure
If you masturbate quite frequently to the point that it is impacting your normal daily routine, this is not normal. You should either stop or try to reduce the frequency.
Generally, masturbation, if done a few times a day, does not present a problem and is a physically safe way to express sexual feelings. Masturbation is a safe and healthy activity.
So, put on some music, light those candles, and enjoy thyself!