1. The smartphone app ‘Condom Size’ shows you how to properly measure a penis using a measuring tape and a piece of string – and then recommends a condom for the best fit. But will it stop men from exaggerating?
2. Men worldwide inject their penises with oil or Vaseline to increase their size. In one study in a Hungarian prison, half of the injectors were satisfied with the results, while a quarter experienced complications, including necrosis (tissue death).
3. 'Genital Retraction Syndrome', aka koro, is a psychiatric condition where the victims believe their penis is shrinking. And once it disappears, they will die. To save themselves, they use tape, rope, clamps, spikes, and/or weights to make sure their penis stays outside of their body – and it’s these actions that cause the actual harm.
The most famous mass outbreak of koro took place in 1967 and was the subject of the book The Great Singapore Penis Panic.
4. The penis is a memory stick: a single sperm carries 37.5 MB of DNA information in it, with an average three-second ejaculation representing a data transfer of 1,587 GB.
6. A Russian museum claims to have Rasputin’s acclaimed 30-cm penis – though some say the displayed item is, in fact, a sea cucumber.
7. Contestants of the annual ‘Smallest Penis in Brooklyn Contest’ are a confident lot. One winner said he hoped to use his US$ 200 prize as date money for one of the women he met that night.
8. The Egyptian pharaoh King Tut was buried with an erect penis. The body part went missing soon after the discovery of the tomb with some believing it was stolen.
10. The Icelandic Phallogical Museum is dedicated to the history of the penis. However, it lacks an actual human specimen. But volunteers are lining up. One man is even willing to donate his penis while he is still alive…