- World’s longest penises belong to the holy men in Varanasi, India. They forcibly stretch their penises to lengths of 60cm, and in the process lose the ability to have erections – and thereby helping them stay holy.
2. At Penised.com, you can hire illustrators to draw a penis over your competitor’s logo. The website had over a million visits in its first week.
3. The theatre group ‘Puppetry of the Penis’ has been making audiences laugh with their ‘genital origami’ for over 20 years. But genital gymnastics can be challenging. The ‘Loch Ness Monster’ can apparently be rather painful for the non-circumcised. The ‘Eiffel Tower’ is technically impossible for the circumcised.
4. The perineal raphe is that dark scar-like line of tissue that bisects the testicles and arises when ‘urogenital folds’ fuse during development. It entered the news recently when a biblical scholar suggested that Eve was not created with Adam’s rib but with his penis bone – that the word ‘rib’ was in fact mistranslated in an early version of the Bible. This removal of the penis bone could also work to explain the ‘scar’ on the scrotum.
5. Why do the statues from Ancient Greece all have such small penises? It was believed that the ideal man was rational and a smaller penis made it easier to remain logical. (Source).
6. If you really must measure your erect penis, you’re actually better off measuring the circumference not the length. The main reason for condoms breaking or slipping off during sex is that you bought the wrong girth size.
7. The engineering miracle that is the penis can also be used to make the world a better place, according to some scientists. They believe its unique properties can be used for medical applications, prosthetics and soft robotics – basically anything that needs to be both stiff and flexible.
8. Sex with a big penis can hurt. The sexual position known as the ‘reverse cowgirl’ may be the answer. (Do read fact #9 first though before you give it a try!)
9. Sure, the sexual positions ‘cowgirl’ and ‘reverse cowgirl’ can be good clean fun. But a study showed that they cause half of all penile fractures. So ride ’em easy!
10. Looking for the perfect gift? There is now a penis colouring book for adults!
11. Women who have more penis-in-vagina intercourse have better verbal memory skills, a recent study suggests.
12. When it comes to one-night stands versus a long-term partner, women prefer slightly larger penises, according to a study.
13. The average length of an erect penis is 5.2 inches (13.1 cm), according to a global analysis of 15,000 penises.
14. To put penis size into perspective: the right whale has a 4-meter penis (along with one-ton testicles).