Remember this when using condoms
Condoms are a great accessory for sex. Yes, really! But don’t they kill the mood? Well, not as much as worrying about STDs or unwanted pregnancy!
- … try new things
Have you ever used a female condom? Why not give it a try! It takes some time to get used to them, but once you got the hang of it, some women even prefer them to a male condom. Because they say they feel their partner more intensely.
Or try using water-based lubricant with your condom, which also increases your sensation, especially if you use tingling or warming lube. Or use a flavored condom for oral sex – who can say ‘no’ to chocolate after all?
- … use condoms even if you are allergic to latex
Condoms are that best way to protect yourself from STDs when you are having sex. They are also pretty effective in preventing pregnancies. But a few people are allergic to regular condoms made of latex. Luckily that shouldn’t stop them from using condoms altogether.
There are plenty of other options like nitrile and polyurethane condoms. They even have an advantage: you’ll be able to feel your partner’s body temperature much better, which makes sex with a condom even more exciting!
- … stick to condom rules
A bust or ripped condom isn’t sexy. So do stick to the basic rules of how to use condoms safely, and all will be well.
- Use one condom at a time, not two on top of each other or a female and male condom together. This can cause condoms to slip, and they won’t protect properly.
- Make sure the condom isn’t past its expiry date, isn’t damaged and hasn’t been out in the heat for too long. That can make it brittle. The same goes for keeping condoms in your wallet, or in your pockets for – weeks at a time.
- Don’t use scissors to open the packet, and be careful you don’t damage the condom with your nails.
- Roll the condom down over a fully erect penis while squeezing the air out of the tip, so it won’t burst later. Never unroll the condom before trying to put it on.
- Use a new condom if you switch from anal to vaginal sex.
- Only use a condom once!