4 benefits of going commando
Have you ever gone commando? If not, then you are missing out on comfort and lots of health benefits. To ensure that we are on the same page, ‘going commando’ means not wearing underwear or panties.
Ladies, if you have been considering going commando, your vagina thanks you in advance. This is because going commando may have some benefits that will make your vagina happy.
The rule of the thumb is to wear properly fitted underwear made from a breathable fabric such as cotton or go commando.
4 reasons you should skip wearing underwear:
1. Reduced the risk of UTI and yeast infections
Wearing tight undies that are not made of breathable material such as cotton can trap moisture in your genital area leaving you vulnerable to yeast infections. The solution is to wear well or loose-fitting underwear but if that’s not your thing, how about going commando?
If you suffer from vaginal infections regularly, not wearing underwear may reduce your risk of infection. This is because panties trap moisture and microbes and this creates an environment conducive for Candida – the fungus that causes yeast infections. Panties, particularly thongs, may act as a medium through which bacteria travel from the rectum to the urinary tract.
2. Helps with comfort and vagina odor
The idea of going commando may sound uncomfortable but the truth is, it is the exact opposite. You will definitely feel comfortable and relaxed once ditch the undies.
Let’s be honest, panties trap moisture and this can make them start having an unpleasant smell. Skipping underwear allows sweat from your genital area to evaporate, keeps odors at minimum, and reduces rubbing between your vagina area and panties which causes irritation. This is especially true if you’re wearing loose-fitting clothes.
3. Your vagina breathes better
Your vagina needs fresh air just like any other part of the body. When you don’t wear underwear, air flows freely and the feeling is heavenly.
If you insist on wearing panties during the day, it may do your vagina some good to ditch them at night. The difference is life-changing.
4. Protects vulva from injury and reactions
Your genital area is very delicate and sensitive and is made of soft skin that can easily be injured or infected.
If you are into wearing tight underwear made from artificial fabrics, the skin around your labia may be irritated from friction and this may leave you with an injury or bleeding. How about you skip the underwear if you don’t prefer the breathable fabric?
If you are wearing underwear with artificial fabrics and dyes, the skin around your groin area can get allergic reactions due to excessive warmth and moisture. These reactions include bumps and rashes leading to contact dermatitis. Contact dermatitis is a skin condition caused by direct contact with a certain substance.
Precautions to take when going commando:
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes as they may irritate the vulva through friction or trap moisture leading to infections.
- Put on clean clothes because the genital area carries a lot of bacteria. If the clothes you wear especially pants have touched your genitals.
- Shower regularly, at least once a day, to remove bacteria in the genital area
- Don’t go commando if the clothes you’re wearing are tight, have rough fabrics, are synthetic
- Avoid trying on new clothes as these can transfer bacteria to the clothes or that which others have left in the clothes. This puts you at risk of infection.
Do you go commando? If yes why? If not, would you consider going commando after learning about the benefits?