To choose the contraception method that suits you best, you have to be informed about it and your options. Do not just go on birth control, decide after you have all the important facts right.
There are lots of different types of birth control methods. The method you choose depends on various factors such as your sex life, health, your reproductive plans, Relationship factors – e.g. including marital status, and how often you have sex and partner preferences.
Ask yourself the following questions;
- What birth control options are available?
- How do the different birth control options work?
- What is the effectiveness of various methods?
- What are their failure rates?
- Do I want to take it about it every day or once after sometime?
- Do I want a birth control method with or without hormones?
- Do I want a long term, permanent or short-term method?
- How easy is it to get it?
- What does it cost?
- Does it protect me against sexually transmitted infections?
- What are the side effects?
- Is it acceptable to my sexual partner?
- How soon do you want children in the future?
- Is it reversable?
- Is it compatible with my religious beliefs or cultural practices?
Hopefully these questions will help you figure out what is best for you.
Related: How To Choose Birth Control
The next step is to talk to your healthcare provider. Go through the available options with them and determine which solution fits your needs, lifestyle and health history.
What's the bottom line?
The best method of birth control for you is one that is safe, that you are comfortable using, and that you are able to use consistently and correctly.
You can call Marie Stopes Kenya today for free on 0800 720005 or WhatsApp them on 0709819001 for comprehensive information and personalized advice on which contraception option might best fit your lifestyle and body. Click here to locate a clinic near you.